lunedì 15 giugno 2020

2019 was a strange year for me, just before it began I was attacked by a wolf which I tried to adopt. Then, some months later, a pack of wolves arrived in the field near my studio and chased Ariadne, my sweet quarter-paint horse, until she finally fell off a cliff to the sea below and was never found. I was heartbroken and demoralized by my lack of ability to bring her back, to change her fate. The simultaneous grandeur and smallness of that dramatic story of life and death pushed all my buttons. I came back to my writing studio after hours of fruitless search for her body and opened my notebook and wrote two words - “LOST HORSE” - at the top of a small page... And then I cried for all the loves I had and lost, for all the times my strength was not sufficient to change the outcome of a life full of finitude. A life filled with endings. I cried for what seemed to be limitless emotion in a limited world.

Asaf Avidan





0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page